GeneralTop Story

Ato Foster, Former TV3 Mentor Contestant Sentenced To Life Imprisonment

A seven-person jury has found former Mentor contestant, Bismark Ato Foster guilty of manslaughter.

The charges against him included murder and the use of an aggressive weapon, which led to Razak Mohammed’s passing on September 26, 2016, at Nungua Coco-Beach.

He was also given a 25-year term for using an offensive weapon; both sentences must be served consecutively. Foster’s defence attorney requested mitigation during the trial and pleaded for the judge’s leniency because his client was a first-time offender. Foster’s proper behaviour during the trial and his dependable presence, whenever the case was called, were both emphasized by the defence.

They stressed Foster’s youth, his bright future, and his status as an unfortunate bystander. The defence maintained that the deceased’s death was an accident, and they asked the judge to consider a light sentence.

The prosecution, on the other hand, objected to the mitigating argument, arguing that the crime was severe enough to warrant the harshest penalty possible—life in prison—as a deterrent to future offenders.

They emphasized the fact that the gun had discharged twice, indicating intention. After hearing arguments from both sides, Justice Mary Maame Ekue Yanzu sentenced Foster to life in prison. The attorneys for Mr Foster have stated that they want to challenge the verdict and the following sentence.


According to Graphic Online, The case’s basic facts showed that Ebenezer Ekow Ayaim, the complainant, had purchased two land plots in Nungua Coco Beach.

Ayaim was aware of Foster as someone who periodically entered his unfinished project without permission. An officer suggested Foster and the recently departed Razak provide sand and stones for the construction of a fence wall on the property in response to Ayaim’s complaints to the police.

During a land inspection on September 26, 2016, a horrible tragedy happened. Razak and Foster remained outside as Ayaim briefly went inside his home.

After hearing a gunshot, Ayaim saw Stephen Ansah, a coworker of Foster’s, bleeding from the arm, and Razak’s dead body. Ansah was taken to the hospital in a hurry after calling the police, but Razak was already dead when they got there.

The complainant, the building contractor, and a police officer were among the witnesses who gave testimony in support of the incidents that led to the terrible shooting.

Investigation Chief Detective Chief Inspector Osei Yeboah added more proof and authorized Foster’s detention. Foster was recently found guilty and sentenced after the Office of the Attorney General recommended the charges of murder and the use of an offensive weapon against him.

Source – Tru News Report


Blogger || Poet || Author || Journalist || Fiery

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button