GeneralTop Story

14 Students Of Wa Secondary Technical School Hospitalized After Fire Gutted Two Dormitories

At least fourteen (14) students of the Wa Secondary Technical School in the Upper West Region have been hospitalized after two dormitory blocks caught fire.

In all, two separate fire incidents were recorded in the school, leaving the injured students traumatized.

Thirteen students are on admission at the Wa Municipal Hospital, while one other is receiving medical care at the Upper West Regional Hospital.

The Upper West Regional Director of Education, Abdul-Razak Korah, told Citi News management has decided to temporarily close down the school. He says this is to allow for a thorough investigation into the two fire incidents that occurred on both Sunday and Monday evening.

He says the Ghana Education Service will bear the cost of transporting the students to their various destinations.

The Upper West Regional Commander of the Ghana National Service, ACFO 1 Henry Asiedu, said a preliminary probe shows that the two fire incidents were caused by illegal connections at the two dormitory blocks.

The Upper West Regional Minister, Dr. Hafiz Bin Salih visited the school to access the extent of damage caused by the fire.

Source – Tru News Report

Frebetha Atieku Adjoh

News Editor, Lover of Arts & Entertainment
Check Also
Close
Back to top button